We are pleased to invite you to apply for a Network Cycle grant from CANVAS.
WHAT IS CANVAS?
CANVAS is a funding collaborative dedicated to encouraging, supporting and promoting a 21st Century Jewish Cultural Renaissance.
We believe that CANVAS can meaningfully contribute to this vision by elevating the ecosystem of Jewish arts & culture in the United States through strategic and coordinated giving, education, and cross-sector exposure (between funders and artists, Jewish creatives and their support networks, secular distribution channels, and increased media exposure).
WHAT ARE NETWORK CYCLE GRANTS?
Network Cycle grants may be used for either:
- general operating support of core network activities
- capacity-building support to increase revenue and steady financial sustainability
HOW MUCH CAN WE APPLY FOR?
Network Grants can range from $50,000-$125,000 but may not exceed 20% of your organization’s budget.
WHY HAVE WE BEEN INVITED?
You have been selected based on our understanding that you fit the following criteria:
Networks that develop, nurture, connect, and support individual cultural creatives and/or Jewish cultural institutions and whose work focuses on
1. Ideas or themes inspired by Jewish religion, history, tradition, ritual, or culture
2. Prioritizing artistic excellence worthy of (inter)national recognition
3. Meaningful engagement w/the Jewish community (audiences/distribution networks)
4. Meaningful engagement w/the secular community (audiences/distribution networks)
WHAT MIGHT A SUCCESSFUL PROPOSAL INCLUDE?
Preference will be shown to network proposals that do one or more of the following:
§ Articulate a plan for strengthening your organization and your network
§ Articulate your organization or network’s role in strengthening the Jewish Arts & Culture Ecosystem
§ Articulate a plan for strengthening the support and connection of a core network within the Jewish Arts & Culture Ecosystem
§ Require collaboration and/or resource sharing between two or more Arts & Culture Ecosystem networks